Saturday 29 March 2014

On That Windowsill...


On that windowsill...
Stood a girl, so long ago,
that's the farthest I remember.

She used to stare at the Tulips,
In a motherly way
And I'd pass from her window, every day
She would always ignore me
while I used to think, 'what for does she do that?, not a carol of glee'

There was a day I found her outside, and yes, I was shocked,
I asked her if she was alright,
'Mind your own business!' she then mocked.
That clearly wasn't polite,
but I had to make her, somehow alright.

One day I heard she was sick, she could hear the time fly, tick-tick
When I gathered some guts and asked her if she was well,
anyway, I knew she wouldn't tell.

I saw that saddened smile on her lips,
when she whispered, 'the Tulips'
Within seconds I found myself staring out the windowsill,
'Oh no!' I exclaimed, it was autumn, the Tulips had a spill !

As time took hold, Spring at last arrived,
'I Love Tulips', on a stone she inscribed.
When she finally peeked out the window, the Tulips stood high!
We both organised a small feast, she made an apple pie!

But the very next morning, she packed her bags...
I saw her go out
I couldn't really figure out, what all this was about.
I waited for her through the day, stared at the shining hay

But my breath just stopped there and then,
When I noticed, the clock struck 10! 
I believed, she had gone only to come back tomorrow
Because so much knowledge, from her, I had to borrow.

Sometimes fate slaps you hard, 
and leaves you acting like a retard.

Of course, she was my best friend.
But no, I never saw her again.


No comments:

Post a Comment