Thursday 27 March 2014

Let's get to the core of a Name! =)

                     
                      THE DEEP AND HILARIOUS STORY BEHIND A NAME

        I've seen some people criticizing their parents saying they don't like their name, or that they want to change it. I don’t know why do people think like that; their parents would never give them a name with silly meanings. They think real hard to choose one name from a million options, and their children dump their hard work into the trash. Every name has a story behind it, a deep meaning behind it. And so does mine.

        Since I was a little kid, people have been asking me for the meaning of my name. Not many people have this name – Kriti. Though there would be thousands of people with that name but in my social circle, to my own shock, I don’t know any Kriti.
         It’s a fact that you hate your own name, but if someone else has the same name as yours, a monster inside you rings the bells. You want that person to change her/his name because you term it as your copyright, isn’t it?

        So finally, let’s come to the main thing. What does my name really mean? According to me, it means ‘A Creation’. Such a cool meaning for a person like me. I mean, I’m surrounded by an ocean of creations! I make paintings, I write songs, short stories, I play the Piano, shoot videos, and a lot of such things. ‘Holy Lord such an accurate name for me!’, I sometimes think. I have always been proud of my name, and always will be. I know that’s too much appreciation for a name but like it is, I really am proud of it. It’s like Heaven had chosen this name for me already!

       My mom often says that people’s names affect their life a lot. That happens, and yeah, it happened with me too, but seldom do people accomplish the condition behind their name. For instance, I’ve seen people making horrendous chaos while their name means ‘Peace’! That’s just a mere co-incidence! I don’t believe that your name can restrict or allow anything you do. It’s the capability in you. Like the famous ancient writer Kabir wrote in one of his literary pieces, that people with rich names are often poor, and the ones with poorer names are richer.

      Here’s a kind of a small tribute to my name which I came up with just now:

Hey, creation! Is that your name?
Did you know that your fans just came?
Come’ on the stage, are you game?
They’re screaming out your name,
And only you’re to blame.
There’s glitter in their eyes ‘cause of the pieces you create.
Hey, creation! Isn’t that just the same?
As the one which is your real name!
Oh – so I got it, your name is Kriti,
Did you paint that? Urgh, your hands got greasy!
Don’t be shy, don’t get uneasy!
That crowd just loves you,
This is the chance for you to do!
Do what you’ve been waiting for,
Chase your dreams, imitate the lions, scream ‘Rawr!”
Hey, creation! Is that your name?

Just get ready, let’s play the game. ;)

    


                This post is the reply for an IndiSpire question in Indiblogger, asked by Narasimha Sharma Veturi. The question was:
  'What does your name mean to you? Do you like it or hate it?'
#WhatsInAName

                            
   

No comments:

Post a Comment