Friday 1 January 2016

Farewell, 2015

I don’t know how to say a perfect goodbye to 2015. But I would’ve made a toast. 
A toast to all those nights I spent crying, all those times I brought myself up, all 
those times I wiped my tears and stepped back up, all those days that felt sunny 
and cheery, all those good and bad moments, all those mistakes, all those lessons 
that the year had to give me. And every word that people said to me or I said to 
people, will be remembered firmly in this heart. A shout-out to the novel PS I 
Love You which changed my perspective at the end of the year, gave me strength
and made me positive. For all those moments that I had to hold back my tears, 
fake a smile, or force a laugh, I will thank 2015, because those moments only made
me tougher and stronger. On this last night of 2015 I sat down to write this farewell 
because this year has been as special to me as no other has ever been. I’ve changed 
my favorite songs, my favorite food, even my favorite people. I’ve tried things for
the first time, achieved milestones, and have been proud. I’ve giggled with a lot of 
people but I’m thankful for those I’ve wept with. Farewell, 2015; I welcome you with
open arms 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment